I’ve talked about passive income on this blog before. One of the ways you can earn passive income writing is to create a blog and make money through affiliate marketing. With a new post every Saturday, this series will detail how you can earn passive income with affiliate links as a writer.
Here’s a preview of what to expect.
A Case Study
There are many niches bloggers can write in and utilize affiliate links. However, for ease of understanding, this series will focus on a particular niche: book blogging. Over the next few months, I will be going in-depth into how to earn passive income book blogging with affiliate links.
Though this series will use book blogging as a case study, these steps can be applied to any niche you want to use to start a blog or site.
The Six-Step Process
1. Creating your niche
- what is a niche?
- are you qualified to write content in your niche?
- is your niche profitable?
2. Choosing your site builder
- what is a site builder?
- how to choose the right site builder
- how to choose the right plan for your site
3. Designing your site
- what are brand, mission, and vision statements?
- how to choose your brand, mission, and vision statement
- how to choose the right theme
4. Writing Copy
- what is copywriting?
- how to write copy
- SEO basics for copywriting
5. Creating content
- what is content writing?
- how to write content
- SEO basics for content writing
6. Everything you need to know about affiliate marketing
- what is affiliate marketing?
- how to use affiliate links in your content
- what is CTR and how to improve it
- what are conversion rates and how to improve them
- BONUS: what your expectations should be as an entry-level affiliate marketer
Why You Should Want to be an Affiliate Marketer
If you’re an online entrepreneur who wants to spend more time building your business and less time worrying about income, this series is for you. No, this is not a get rich quick scheme or a guaranteed way to retire early. Affiliate marketing is, however, a growing industry that anyone can break into with little more than a laptop and some ambition.
For more reasons to become an affiliate marketer, check out Why Become an Affiliate Marketer? 6 Powerful Reasons. Let me know in the comments what got you interested in affiliate marketing. Happy writing!
Dying for more information on earning passive income as a writer? Check out How to Earn Passive Income with No Money Upfront and tune in next Saturday to find out more about website niches.